We are on a mission to build the world’s best Data Observability Platform and help companies excel at Data Driven Decision Making. Sifflet is designed to optimise the resources of Data Engineers and Data consumers and empower them to extract value from data. Today half of a Data team’s time is spent troubleshooting data quality issues, Sifflet is putting an end to that.
We are a young, dynamic and ambitious team. We have extensive experience working for Data Mature companies (Uber, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, Dashlane etc). We are truly passionate about what we are building and are looking for smart, driven and entrepreneurial people to join our adventure.
If you are a natural “hacker”, like to work on exciting challenges and want to contribute to the growth of a promising Data Observability platform, then get in touch !
- Frontend: Our front end is built with the latest version of vuejs, this framework is proven to be a solid choice for large web applications.
- Backend: Our backend is built with java and Spring framework which is a standard for running large scale secure applications. We use mysql as a backend storage. The frontend consumes backend services as a REST API.
- Cloud Infrastructure: We use infrastructure as code (Terraform) and automate every possible process across the stack. We love containers and run them on a kubernetes cluster in AWS.
- AI: Our AI modules are built with python and state of the art machine learning frameworks.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, build and enhance our backend framework and architecture.
- Develop scalable and reliable quality standards for our backend framework.
- Collaborate with the Product and Frontend teams to brainstorm, design and implement core features.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team in solving technically complex challenges, hiring, and shaping of the culture.
- Share your knowledge inside and outside Sifflet, if you are an open source enthusiast like us, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a project of your choice.
- Work with anyone across the company to make Sifflet better everyday !
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience.
- You are creative, organised, self-motivated and able to drive ambitious projects to success from conception through coding to deployment
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming such as Java and Python.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and modern data frameworks.
- Experience with a cloud environment AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience building secure REST APIs
- Experience building automated tests and CI/CD pipelines.
- Prefered experience : Docker, Kubernetes, Spring, Terraform
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Remote friendly
- Fitness membership
- Your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- A high degree of ownership and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers